Washington Registered Agent

A local Washington registered agent is required when forming a business in Washington.

What is a Washington registered agent?

A Washington registered agent can be either an organization qualified by the WA Secretary of State or a person. You furnish the registered agent name and address on your corporate paperwork with the state. The WA registered agent is responsible for receiving renewal notices and legal notices on your behalf, and forwarding them to your organization. Washington registered agents must have a physical location in Washington and be present at that address during normal business hours. Typically a deputy or process server will deliver the legal service of process to the Washington resident agent’s address. A litigation party may also deliver the court papers by certified mail to the Washington registered agent at the registered office address, and that will be sufficient legal proof that you have been notified, regardless of whether or not your registered agent delivers it to your company.

The Washington registered agent’s obligation is to be available at the address listed as the WA registered office address during normal business hours. All official documents from the state will be sent to the Washington resident agent’s address.

Order Registered Agent Service Here »

What types of businesses are required to have Washington registered agents?

All corporations, LLCs and limited partnerships doing business in Washington must have a registered agent with a Washington State address. The registered agent may have a mailing address that includes a post office box as long as a physical location is also listed.

How do we handle items we receive as your Washington resident agent?

We scan all legal notices; annual renewal notices and other official documents received and upload them into your online account locally in Washington. You receive immediate email notification of any document uploaded into your Washington resident agent’s account.

As an added Washington resident agent service, we track your Washington annual report due date and send you reminders with instructions for filing your report in a timely manner with the State of Washington Secretary of State.

How do you change your registered agent in Washington?

You file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent / Office form by mail, in person or online. Washington uses one form for all entity types and there is no filing fee. It will take Washington about a month to change your agent if using the unexpedited paper form. Online is by far the best option. Processing is fast and still free. You may also change your registered agent when you file your annual report. If you don’t feel like bothering with filing a change of agent, we can take care of it for you.

Benefits of hiring Resident Agent LLC as your Washington registered agent service provider:

You can order online for Washington registered agent service in all 51 jurisdictions or add states in your online account at any time.